Welcome to

Friday, September 7, 2007

I'm loving it!!!

Happy Friday!!!! Hope your day is flying by! IT will be the weekend soon!!!

Personally, I have what my momma would call the "lowaggiepoggies" - I just feel blah. My tummy hurts and over all I have no motivation to do anything!!! I think it is probably stress related - it has been a month of "stuff" to say the least....


One really cool thing has happened today though!!! The mail lady brought me a package!!! First of all - if you recall my love language is receiving gifts.... well this is a gift I purchased for myself - but I have to tell you - I am soooooo totally loving it!!!!

See as most of you know I got a new car a few months back... my DREAM car to boot!!! (My hubby is just sooo awesome!!! Of course I may never see another birthday or Christmas present again, but hey!!! LOL)

Well when I got the car - they had one of those license plate frames that advertises for the dealership! I think not! Not on my dream car!!! So I promptly removed it as soon as we got home. I have been on a quest every since then - looking for just the "PERFECT" license plate frame.

Do you know how hard it is to find a license plate frame now days! Sheesh!!! Finally, I found THE ONE!!!! Of course you have to know the story behind why it is soooo perfect!

Being an Army wife has its ups and downs to say the least - but just one year after we got married - hubby got deployed for the first time...... I had never been through a deployment before and it was very rough! Needless to say, I had good days and I had bad days through out the nine months that he was gone.....

Well on one of those "bad days" Hubby just happened to call home. I was crying and carrying on (according to his version of the story) about how I couldn't do this anymore, how I hated the deployment, yada yada yada.... Hubby being a rough and tough Army Ranger, Airborne Paratrooper was having none of this... and his reply to me was, "Suck it up Ranger and Drive on!"

I went from sad and depressed to PO'ed in two point two seconds! I was like - ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!! LOL

Well to this day - we still laugh about this. As a matter of fact just a few weeks ago hubby said him and some other guys were sitting around in the mess hall over in the sandbox and one of the new guy's was talking about how his wife was upset and not dealing very well with with him being gone. He asked the other guys - like hey - what do you say to your wives when this happens.... My hubby pipped up real fast and real loud - "I know what NOT TO say!!!" (Who said you can't train up right?!?!?!) Bahahahahahahaha!!!

So now, having heard this story, you will totally understand why I now (as of today) proudly display this license plate frame on my new car!!!!

(Sorry about the blur - but I didn't want to post my plate number to all of cyber world!)

Hope this post got a smile out of you... Don't forget to sign up for Pirate Bingo at the Paperthread's forum - the prize list is growing fast!!!!

Have a great weekend!
Until Next Time!

Cya ~
Lori

7 comments:

Anonymous,  September 7, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

Okay, so wasn't this supposed to be a surprise to Andrew? Does he read your blog?

Shirley

Anonymous,  September 7, 2007 at 2:37 PM  

I love the license plate frame. It's so cool you were able to find it. Did you happen to order it over the internet? Could you share where you found it?

Heather Huggins September 7, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

Super Cool!! Did you have it made or you found i that saying? Hope your feeling better soon.

Heather :)

Jun Bug House September 7, 2007 at 4:50 PM  

Yeah!!!!!!!!!
I heard the same words from my retired "Special Forces" army guy, the day before his triple by-pass heart surgery.
"Buck up."
I wanted to change a few letters and say the same thing back to him, but I didn't.;)
I "bucked up" and he came through, just like a "Special Forces" guy would.
Been almost 4 years since then.
I am keeping you and your hubby, and all the service people in my prayers.
I hope and pray they all come home safe and soon.
Blessing honey.
**U**
Nance

Lori McDonald September 7, 2007 at 7:48 PM  

This is not what I decided to keep as the suprise!!!! I can't tell you about that one until after he come home!!!

Bec -go to www.cafepress.com - click on shop, military, army wives, then it will be under fun things - licsense plate frames!! And make sure you check out the T-shirts!!! I about died laughing reading some (and buying some of them!!!)

Lori

Anonymous,  September 8, 2007 at 12:46 PM  

That is awesome, Lori! Too cute! LOL

Anonymous,  September 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM  

Thanks so much Lori, I will check them out right now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin