Welcome to

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Latest Project...

So yesterday I promised I would post photos of Hubby's birthday presents! First I thought I would show you a photo of my scrapping room. I am not sure if it was because I was not feeling well or if I have just become a messy scrapper - but I was shock when I walked out of my scrapping room, and then walked back in and saw the mess! (No wonder the cop was wondering if someone had broken into my house the night the security alarm went off!) LOL Normally I am so annal and neat when I work but not this day!!! (Remember you can click on the photos to get a larger image.)

So for Hubby's present this year, I decided to make a word book that spells "home". I mean what are you suppose to send someone overseas? He doesn't need anything, and when asked what he wants he replied nothing. So?!?! What's a girl to do?
Thus here is photo of the front of the completed book.

This is a photo of the inside - the backside of the "h" and the front side if the "O". I wouldn't really call this a "scrapbook" more of an altered book. For example - I put the saying "There is no place like home" and then I put a metal key. Then on the "O" I put a photo of our house and then I placed a picket fence that I painted white and attached a "service flag" embellishment to it.
Here is the backside of the "O" and the front of the "M" - these pages were dedicated to the pups! The "M" has three dimensional puppy paws walking across it - and then I also used Glimmer Mist" to give the "M" texture and shimmer.


Here is the backside of the "M" and the front of the "E". The "M" side was dedicated to places here in GA that we have been. The "E" was all about my hubby's favorite pass time - hunting!


This is the backside of the "E" and the back page of the book. The "E" side was dedicated to homecomings. Photos from the last three deployments when hubby has come home from overseas. And then the back page is all about "Love".

The paper I used for my back page was "two sided" so it is actually showing though the acrylic back - to make the back cover. (Oh I guess I should say that the actual letters of the book are made from acrylic. I figured that it would hold up better than chipboard would stuffed down in the bottom of a duffel bag!)

Here is a close up of my stick people! I think that they turned out soooo cute!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!


And this is just another view of the book so you can kind of get the just of the dimensional effects of the book!


All in all I think it turned out well and I hope Hubby likes it! Thanks for looking - would love to hear your comments!

Until Next Time!

Cya~


Lori McDonald, Designer

My cutter files work on many machines. Some examples are the: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the most common softwares involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, and Robomaster. These file are available exclusivly at Paperthreads.

We also specialize in pre cut/ pre assembled scrapbooking titles, diecuts, embellishments and keepsakes (including our NEW photo Stars). Make sure to visit our
Store!

Don't forget to check back often as we host our scrapbooking digital cutting file freebies at least once a week!!!

10 comments:

Gloria,  August 6, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

The perfect gift . . . he will love it!! Where did you get the acrylic album?

Deb C,  August 6, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Very nice Laurie - You worked really hard on it - stick people are precious and so funny.
now as for your first picture - it looks like you have been very creative in there - now is it a puppy on the chair and what do you do with the tape gun (inquiring minds want to know)
Hope you are feeling better soon

Lori McDonald August 6, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Gloria - I got the acrylic book at the scrapbooking store in AZ (the one owned by Bazzil - you can buy the pages one letter at a time and spell anything you want!!)

Deb - there are two dogs int he room - one is under the pink chair and the other is under the black chair/table - then the tape gun is for boxing up orders to ship out!! LOL

Lori

Bec,  August 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Man I don't know how you do it all. I love it! Thanks for sharing pics and ideas with us all.

Deb C,  August 6, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

I found the other puppy - blending in the shadows. Packing boxes now I thought maybe you came up with a new use for it. Guess the the packing tape will have to stay in the cupboard for taping boxes too.

Caroline August 7, 2009 at 2:43 AM  

what a great idea, I love it... one question... why didn't you cut this yourself on your cutter ?? :)

Caroline August 7, 2009 at 2:46 AM  

sorry, meant to add, LOVE your stick people!!

jzayler August 7, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

The book is adorable! I'm sure he will love it.

I can't believe that is all the bigger your scrap room is. How can one person be sooooo creative in such a small area? You have got be a neat freak! I figured you to have wall to wall paper racks, spools of ribbon hanging from the ceiling....

tonyakaye,  August 7, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

What a wonderful gift. You are so creative..I am jealous.

Scrappin and Yappin August 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Lori,
Your husband will LOVE his book! I l-o-v-e it!!

Joni

Blog Widget by LinkWithin