Welcome to

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Projects...

Since we have moved to the Atlanta area, wow... speaking of, can you believe that we have been here right at six months already?!?!?!  Anyway I digress.... since we moved to the Atlanta area into this rental house, I have been taking on a lot of "fix it up" projects thus I thought I might share a few....  Today's show and tell....  The Dining Room.

When we first moved here the dining room was Red and Gold.... no I am NOT joking... the top part of the wall above the chair rail was painted a reddish color and the bottom was a gold sponge texture something or another.....

Well here - see for yourself.... (this is a photo of the house when the owners lived here).... you can click on the photo for a larger view if you would like!!! (Or not!! Bahahaha!!)


And then here are a couple of photos I took before starting the remodel!!


Hmmmm....

My designing style tends to be very traditional, with a little of country/rustic thrown in (it seems to be a little more and more getting thrown in the older I get... rustic/getting old, hm maybe there is something there!!! Bahahaha!!)  Anyway needless to say this red and gold wasn't cutting it!!!  I also tend to go with very neutral wall colors and then add color with my decor.  So after several days and several coats of paint,  here is the new and I personally think 'improved" dinning room!




Wow.... big difference huh?!?!? 

Well I hope you enjoyed this little show and tell... I have three more huge make overs to share in the next few days (The living room, the office, and my studio) along with a re-purpose project to show you as well!!!

Hope you have a GREAT Thursday - oh and make sure you visit tomorrow... I have an announcement (one that will save you money, hint hint) to share....

Until Next Time!


Cya~


Lori McDonald, Designer

My cutter files work on many machines. Some examples are the: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the most common softwares involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create and Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, and Robomaster. These file are available exclusively at: VDBC!!! We also specialize in original photo keepsakes(including our one of a kind photo Stars). Additionally we are in the process of adding a new "Honoring your Hero" line of products. Make sure to visit our
Store!

Don't forget to check back often as we host our scrapbooking digital cutting file freebies at least once a week!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM  

Oh Lori, I love, love, love your redo of the dining room!!! Love the colors and the way you decorated the walls.

Jan W. (aka jlwclanfam)

Julie June 2, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

The dining room looks great! The softer color makes the room look much bigger.

Lisa Avolio June 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

I prefer your colors, although I am trying to become a bit bolder in my choices. When I quilted, I over-matched colors. :)
Great job- everything looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the other projects.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin