Welcome to

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In case you didn't know...

I live in GA. That would be South GA actually! And today I got this really cute forward from a friend that I thought I would share with you... (this was NOT what my original post was going to be about today - but I had to switch tactics and you will see why in a moment!)

Things I "learnt" in Georgia
(and for the record - these are pretty spot on!)

1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in Georgia.

3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in Georgia.

4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite 'cha.

5. "Onced" and "Twiced" are words.

6. It is not a shopping cart, it's a buggy.

7. "Jaw-P?" means, "Did y'all go to the bathroom?"

8. People actually grow and eat okra.

9. 'Fixinto' is one word.

10. There is no such thing as 'lunch.' There is only dinner and then there is supper.

11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar.

12. Backwards and forwards means, "I know everything about you."

13. The word 'jeet' is actually a phrase meaning, "Did you eat?"The plural of this is "jalleet?"

14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH 'EM.

16. You measure distance in minutes.

17. You switch from heat to A/C in the same day.

18. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.

19. You know what a 'DAWG' is.

20. You carry jumper cables in your car --- for your OWN car.

21. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco and Ketchup.

22. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and high school football.

23. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

24. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a bit warm.'

25. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.

26. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as goin' Wal-Martin or 'off to Wally World.'

27. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good hog killin' weather.

28. Fried catfish is the other white meat.

29. We don't need no dang driver's ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive, dag-nabbit.

30. You never know what you might run into on the way home!

Ok, Ok... I have to admit that I added number 30!! The original text was something about forwarding this on to your GA friends and those who wished they were from GA.....

BUT... I had to run into town a little bit earlier today and on my way home... I am zooming down the road in my little sports car, my top is down (the car top that is!!!), and I am yakking on my cell phone when what do I see?!?!!? In the MIDDLE of the road going to my house?!?!?!

An......

(click on photo for a bigger image)

Yep that's right - a gator! (Oh sorry for those not from this part that would be an alligator!) Bahahaha!!! Now I am not sure why the gator was crossing the road (Get it?? Why did the gator cross the road!! Bahahaha) But he was!

So the next time you are in GA make sure you take the long way home - you never know what you might run into!!!! (AND YES - I did stop in the middle of the road to take a photo of the gator! And YES - I am a scrapbooker I carry a camera in my pocketbook at ALL times! Hey you never know what you might just see!!!)

Until Next Time!

Cya~


Lori McDonald, Designer

My cutter files work on many machines. Some examples are the: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the most common softwares involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, and Robomaster. These file are available exclusivly at Paperthreads.

We also specialize in pre cut/ pre assembled scrapbooking titles, diecuts, embellishments and keepsakes (including our NEW photo Stars). Make sure to visit our
Store!

Don't forget to check back often as we host our scrapbooking digital cutting file freebies at least once a week!!!

9 comments:

Bec,  April 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

I just love to read your blog Lori. Ya' never know what will be here. Have a wonderful evening!!

Connie K. April 28, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Too funny! I am in NC, but can relate to a lot of those. I especially love "jeet" and "jalleet" and "fixinto".
Thanks for sharing!
Connie

Scrappin and Yappin April 28, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

Wow I didn't know GA had gators too! And I've lived in Florida for 22 yrs now and I've never seen a gator crossing the road!

Joni

Lisa April 28, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Love this! Thanks for the smiles! :)

Heather Huggins April 29, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Lori you crack me up!!! I love reading your blog!!! :)Oh by the way I dropped your card in the mail...

Elizabeth April 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Way to funny, I can relate to almost all of it. Samantha's first word was "DAWG" lol

Maria Jesus April 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

oh I love it, love it, i love GA, i've lived there 8 years, just i've moved to SC, lol it's so true.

I love your alligator pic :)

have a good day.

MJ

Tonya,  April 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Lori you don't have ta live in Georgia for your possum statement. I think that is a fact for ALL states. We just say they are "sleepin".

Blog Widget by LinkWithin