Welcome to

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Loads of laughs!!!

Ok I have to be honest with you and tell you I am not one of those people that normally laugh at movies or comedians. I might smirk. I might grin. But not a lot makes me really laugh out loud, especially at movies or people I don't know.

Not that I don't laugh - because I do, and normally a lot! But it is usually things that I can relate to, people I know, events in my life that make me laugh!

Well today my friend and I went to the movies - we normally go every weekend to eat lunch and then to a movie before Church. This has become like a weekly event - especially when hubby is deployed.

So off I went.... and I have to tell you I about busted a gut!!!! I laughed soooooo hard and soooooo loud!! I am surprise that the people around me didn't complain - but the truth is the were laughing too!!! (And talk about a wide spread of people - we had little old ladies behind us, teenagers to the left, an older guy to the right... and they were ALL laughing!!!)

I know you are just dying to know what we saw! Drum Roll please.....



I kid you not! Now let me tell you that this movie was based on a long running Broadway MUSICAL! So the movie is a musical as well!!! Meaning lots and lots of singing and dancing! But it was to die for funny!!!! Don't go if you don't want to hear lots of singing (19 songs in all I think it is) and a lot of dancing!!!

Anyone who goes to this movie and doesn't laugh.... well they must be a Grinch! The words to the song are funny and witty. The actors and actresses are awesome!! (There are some big names in this movie - to include Michelle Pfeiffer, Queen Latifah, and Christopher Walken). And let me tell you, there is no way in this world anyone could see John Travolta dressed up as the "big and beautiful" mother and not laugh their butt off!!! When he came on the screen you just couldn't help but giggle and then when he actually opened his mouth to speak or sing or when he DANCED!! Oh my!!!! HYSTERICAL!!!!! Do you hear me - HYSTERICAL!!!!!

If you want a laugh, not a lot of thinking, plain out just funny movie - then this is a MUST SEE!!!!! On the Lori's scale of movies: I give it five bars of Chocolate and a diet coke spewed through your nose!!!!

I can't wait for this one to come out on DVD - it will be on my Christmas list for sure!!!!

Until next time~
Cya~
Lori

2 comments:

Shirley Clark July 29, 2007 at 5:12 AM  

Ok, you convinced me. We might have to see this one!

Shirley

Anonymous,  July 29, 2007 at 10:16 AM  

I have to tell you I agree with you Lori. I saw this movie with a friend this past week and enjoyed it a lot. It is so different from any I have seen in a long time. I think every women should treat herself to a good afternoon of laughter!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin