Welcome to

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And the Winner....

Well I have to admit yesterdays little challenge was quite fun!!! Several people answered - and yes the correct answer was Hubby's tie had decided to take a trip to the down low!! LOL If you only knew the stress that went into making sure everything was perfect and put on the uniform with precision measurement beforehand - then you would realize that was a huge issue at least in my hubby's opinion!!

As for the other guesses - we haven't found out for sure about the Major's board yet - we are still waiting so for now hubby is still a CPT. The pants and the jacket are suppose to be two different colors. It is actually a tradition.... The legend goes like this. US Army dress uniform pants are a lighter blue than the coat because of the days of horseback cavalry, where they would roll their coats up and keep them in their saddle bags. The pants would get bleached a light blue in the sun, and their coats would stay dark blue. Eventually, after the days of riding, they decided that it would be a cool tribute to their past if they issued them that way.

Hmmm - and then the other guesses - well I can tell which of you are Air force and not Army!! Hubby's parachute wings are off center as his Ranger Tab is to the side of his parachute wings (I don't think you can see that very well in the photo!). I don't think it matters where the flag is - but I am not even sure about that one!! I have to tell you I LOVED hearing all the guesses!!!!

So I showed hubby my blog entry yesterday and he decided that the laugh is on ME not him - as he declared ALL of you are winners!!! Thanks to him!!!! Whooo Hoooo!!! So the following people need to send me an email at lori_mcdnld@yahoo.com and let me know which one of my files you would like for FREE (it can not be a collection - but all the other files are up for grab!!!) and if you do not have a cutter - make sure you tell me that you would like a pre - assemebled title - and which one you would like!!!

So CONGRATS to:

Scrappinmama
Sally
Bec
Diana (aka grandmastoy)
Jamie
Dana S
Jill m
Alisha
Lisa
debbid
debenj
Bernzee
Alicia P

And speaking of winning.... not sure if you remember but about a week or so ago I asked you to go vote for one of our past Pastors at our church.... well I am happy - no ecstatic to report that they WON!!! Whooo Hooo!! So thank you soooo much for voting!!!!!

If you didn't get a chance to see the video you can catch it here!!! I am sooo excited that they won!! They sooo deserve it and I have to say the video was pretty awesome!!!

Well I am off to my God Daughters first Birthday party!! I am sure I will have tons of photos to share tomorrow!!!

Until Next Time!

Cya~

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

Thanks Lori and tell your DH thanks too!!
i sent you a e-mail with my choice..
Diane

debenj April 15, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Thank you Lori! I can honestly say I DON'T MISS him getting that blue uniform (nor the green one) ready for events. He is worse than any woman primping for a night out when it comes to getting the brass polished & the ribbons just right...ugh! Enjoy that birthday parth! Deb

Blog Widget by LinkWithin