Welcome to

Monday, April 14, 2008

Cinderella has returned...

Glass slippers and all!!! Hello there all my fellow bloggers and blog readers! I hope this entry finds you all well and relaxed after a great weekend!!!!

Yes we have returned from the ball! And what a ball it was.... NOT!! LOL See when most people think about a ball - the think of Cinderella, ball gowns, ball rooms, bands and dancing til after midnight... Well the military doesn't normally think of balls that way. As a matter of fact during one of my trips to the ladies room during the ball I overheard a "new rookie" military wife ask her friend, "Why is it called a ball? There is nothing ballish about it except we had to get all dressed up! Is this their way of parading us around?!?!"" To which I have to admit I burst out laughing!!!

Now days it seems that the "Military Ball" has turned into a fancy "Dinning Out". Which really is just a big banquet! You get served the normal beef or chicken meal and you get to sit there and listen to a lot of people talk and received awards!!!!

Before you think I had a terrible evening let me say - that isn't true. I personally find it fun to dress up and visit with friends and fellow soldiers and wives that we haven't seen in forever. It is really fun to listen to the "boys" trade their war stories (it is actually amazing some of the things you can find out about that happened during a deployment - AFTER it is over!!!) LOL

I was a little miffed as they did have assigned seating and my best friend and her hubby was WAY across the room from us... but it did allow me to met new people and socialize with people I didn't know. Plus I love to see all the dresses and there is just nothing sexier than a man in his dress blues!! (Wheeewwww.... and here you are in a room with over 400 of them!!!)

All in all I have to say the ball was a success... and I was actually able to get a photo of me and hubby along with my best bud and her hubby!! It is sad to say - but we have been friends with them for almost four years now and I don't have a single photo of all of us together!!!! So that was on of the highlights of the night for sure!!!


Then the one of the most AWESOME things that has EVER happened to me happened on Sunday morning. We had breakfast with my BFF and her hubby and we were talking about their daughter who turns ONE tomorrow!!! (I know how crazy is that - can you believe it has been a year?!?!?) Anyway - we were saying that we were going to drive to FL tomorrow for the birthday bash and then my BFF and her hubby asked me and my hubby if we would be their daughters Godparents!!!!! I was blown away - and I have to admit it even made me cry!!!!!! So that was the absolute best ending to a fun filled weekend!!!

Now in honor of the first ball being over and there still is another one to go (which I STILL DO NOT have a dress for....) I thought I would play a little game with you. The photo below is one of the two photos hubby and I had made together!! And believe it or not there is something MAJOR wrong with it!! (But we didn't realize it until after the fact! Thus that is why we had to have a second one made!!) So...The first person who leaves a comment and tells me the correct answer will win a free cutter file - or a cut and assembled title from the 145 designs I have in the store!!!

So here it is: What is the Major Faux Pas that has taken place in this photo???


Good Luck!!!

Until Next Time!

Cya~


(Oh and did you notice the wrist coursage??? Our hubbies are soooo awesome... I think me and my friend where the only ones in the room who's hubby actually presented them with coursages!!! It use to be custom -but it seems to have taken a back seat in the last few years!!! It was really sweet I have to admit!!!)

16 comments:

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

His bow tie has fallen off!!

I didn't find this till after I sent you an Email, but wanted to tell you how great you look in the pictures!!
Sally

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Oh my, it seems your hubby's bowtie has gone adrift! Good to hear you enjoyed your dinner and night out. Ok it isn't fair that I played the game so you have my permission to not post this comment. Have a great day!

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

LOL could it be his tie was not in the right place!!
diane aka grandmastoy

Unknown April 14, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Cool pictures. It looks like your husband's tie has come off or something.

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Is the flaw, his tie? It looks like it is falling off.

Dana

Jill M April 14, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Your hubby's bow tie is hanging.

Lisa April 14, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

Hubby's pants don't match :O

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

Glad to hear you had a good time at the ball! & Congrats on being godparents! You dh's tie is unfastened...

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

I believe your husband is a Major but still has his Capt rank on his shoulders?

Lisa April 14, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

Lori,
Hubby says' Please forgive his crazy wife, she doesn't know what color a dress blues uniform should be!"
I'm going to hide under my desk now...but wait, it's your hubby's tie that's wrong!
Shhhhh...on the earlier answer...hahahaha

Sin the 1st one...Anonymous :(

bernzee April 14, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

You and your husband look awesome all dressed up - great pictures!
bernzee

Ileana April 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

You all look fantastic!

Air Force rules are a bit different but, besides the problem with the tie,could it be that your husband's parachuting wings are off-center? And, if he's a major, shouldn't his rank on his shoulders show that?

I know my guess doesn't count. I just wanted to play along.

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Wonderful photos - even with the tie askew!
Blessings,
Deb

debenj April 15, 2008 at 1:18 AM  

You both look sharp in the photo even with the OOPS! :) You're right, they sure look handsome in their dress blues (but I think the suspenders are funny looking) ... Am glad you had fun!

Alicia P. April 15, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

The Flag placed in the wrong place. It should be beside you instead of between the two of you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin