Welcome to

Friday, July 3, 2009

The Price of Peace...

Happy 4th of July!!! On this day in 1776, the Declaration of Independence was approved by the Continental Congress, setting the 13 colonies on the road to freedom as a sovereign nation.

You know I have been mulling these words in my head the last few days... "on the road to freedom as a sovereign nation." What does that mean to us as Americans? What does the Fourth of July really stand for...

With hubby deployed this year - I don't really have any plans. Yeah, I have been invited to some cookouts, I have been invited to go watch fireworks with friends... but without Andrew here, it seems weird to go to the things. Weird for a few reasons... First of all we normally do everything together. So to go by myself is kind of intimidating. Add to the fact that I can't go anywhere without people asking me, "How's Andrew?", "Have you heard from Andrew?"... and the truth of the matter is - Yes, I have heard from Andrew - it's kind of few and far between but I have heard from him. And the truth of the matter is Andrew is struggling. His job is hard, his responsibility is HUGE and he has already lost three really really close friends.

But I can't say that. I can't ruin someones "holiday" with the truth. They would look at me like I am crazy! They would be flabbergasted at those words.

So instead I decide to stay home. Do my own thing. You know... I do have a "thing" when my husband isn't here. I am my own person. So while I am a part of a couple - I am also an individual. And I think that is sometimes hard for people to remember. (But as usual, I digress....)
What does the fourth of July really stand for? What does "paving the road to freedom" really mean? And then today, my dear friend and fellow military wife Penny posted this video on her facebook page. As I was watching this video written and sung by a 12 year Alyssa Gaddis it hit me....

The road to freedom ultimately comes down to "The Price of Peace"...


***(Please Note - if you want more information about the video above or if you want to see it on a larger screen - just click HERE!)

I hope you enjoyed this video. I hope you have a WONDERFUL, HAPPY, FUN FILLED 4th OF JULY!!!!! Please remember as you are on your way to a cook out, or to watch the fireworks to say a prayer for all our service members both near and far, as well as their families who truly are paying the price so we have peace, so we have rights, so we have FREEDOM.

Until Next Time!

Cya~


Lori McDonald, Designer

My cutter files work on many machines. Some examples are the: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the most common softwares involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, and Robomaster. These file are available exclusivly at Paperthreads.

We also specialize in pre cut/ pre assembled scrapbooking titles, diecuts, embellishments and keepsakes (including our NEW photo Stars). Make sure to visit our
Store!

Don't forget to check back often as we host our scrapbooking digital cutting file freebies at least once a week!!!

3 comments:

bzyPTmom July 3, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Thanks Lori for sharing this amazing video! I hope your husband is doing well, we will add both of you to our prayer list, how is your FIL doing? I hadn't heard anything for awhile, so just wondering. I hope you enjoyed your visit here in PHX.

Bec,  July 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

Awesome, thank you for sharing!!

Teresa,  July 4, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

What an awesome and inspiring video!! Thank you so much for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin