Welcome to

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm Back!

Yep - here I am! I am back! After another horrible few days of dealing with my uncle's estate - I am happy to report - I think we might be done! I have to tell you all - if you do not have a will - GET ONE!! Please!! If something was to, Lord forbid, happen to you - don't let your family have to deal with the mess that is left behind!! Especially if - like in our case - your surviving family members are not really up to dealing with it... (for example - my dad is not in the best of health, he is a heart patient and it has been a huge emotion and physical struggle to deal with everything that was left behind. From cleaning up the huge, nasty and moldy mess, to making decisions and driving all over the state - it really has taken a toll - on all of us really!)

On the up side of all of this - it looks like I am going to get to meet my 1st cousin who I haven't seen since I was like - hmmmm three - I think!!! So you might as well say - I haven't really ever seen him!! So that is pretty exciting! To know that there is someone out there that is your flesh and blood and you finally are going to see them face to face! I am really interested in seeing if we look anything alike! I did find a photo while we were packing up and cleaning out my uncle's stuff and it looks like he might have the same dimple that I have on my right cheek! (If that is the case - we got that from my granny! LOL)

Anyway - I am back for a while and I am itching to start designing - I have a ton of file ideas in my head and just can't wait to get them on the computer screen!

Hope you all had a GREAT Mother's Day! Now we have to move on to Father's day!!! Speaking of Father's Day - have you seen the cute cute cute file I have in the store for Father's Day??? It would make a really cute card!!!

Check it out ~

Well - thanks for looking - and I have you all have a GREAT day!

Until Next Time!

Cya~

3 comments:

Anonymous,  May 13, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Lori,
I love this font! Do you mind to share the name of it? By the way, Savannah was fabulous! We took almost all of your advice and hit the spots you suggested! Love it.
Shae

debenj May 14, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Lori, we know what you are going through right now as we are in the same boat. The only difference is that my MIL hasn't passed but is in a nursing home (ALZ) but left us one heck of a mess with all her finances and of course, his brother (10 yrs older) wants nothing to do with his mom but is concerned about "the money being spent in nursing care." All you can do is your best and while doing this you need to step back every once in a while to take a deep breath (OK maybe several!) Hang in there & Pixie Dust to you :-)

Lori McDonald May 14, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

hmmm- I have about 30,000 fonts - let me see if I can find it!!!!

Glad you had a GREAT time in Savannah - we sooo love it here!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin