Welcome to

Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Monday...

Here we are another glorious Monday! Ok - the truth - I do not like Mondays! As I am sure most people don't! At least I don't have to go to a tradition 9 to 5 job (well at least not yet!). But Monday is the day I clean house and get all caught up on my laundry! BLAH!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I know that mine was EXTREMELY busy!!! Here in GA the first day of Turkey Season was on Saturday! So on Friday hubby and I got all our stuff ready! Then we got up at 3 AM on Saturday Morning! Yes- you read that right 3 AM!!! We headed to the woods hoping to call in some turkeys! (Well I was hoping we would call in turkeys - hubby was hoping to get a pig!!!)

We drove to our hunting spot that hubby has spent the last few weeks scouting out and we got our stands hung and we both got up in them. Believe it or not we were in the same tree just different stands!!!

I have to say I was quite proud of hubby. While we didn't see any pigs (darn it - not!) hubby was able to call two BIG turkeys right to our hunting area. Of course now I have to tell you they were turkey's of the human kind!! Bahahaha Yep that's right - hubby called in two other hunters with his turkey call!! I'm not sure if that is because he is soooo good - or they were so excited that it was the first day of the season and they though they heard turkeys! LOL (I prefer to think it is because hubby was so good with his call!!! Bahaha)

On Sunday we got up and went to the sunrise Easter service at our church and then headed over to visit my parents. It is always great to see them and yesterday was no different.

So I thought I would share a few photos with you from our first hunting trip together before I close! While we didn't get anything - it was great to spend some good quality time together!

Here is what I saw when I looked DOWN from my stand:



Here is what I saw if I looked UP from my stand:


And here is a self photo of hubby and I as we were packing up and heading out!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Oh and for all you personal cutter owners out there - make sure you tune into my blog this week as I will be offering a Terms Restricted Download for you sometime soon! It will only be up for a limited time and I am sure you will not want to miss it!!

Until Next Time!

Cya~
Lori

4 comments:

Anonymous,  March 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Bwwwwahhhh...I cannot believe you're actually up there in that tree girl! Yer a REAl woman if you ask me! ;)
Are y'all hunting on the WMA just out of RH? Big Dave says y'all need to drive up to Di-Lane and hunt that WMA...lots o' gobblers!

Sara March 25, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

Are you a redhead now??? I like it! :-)

(Still waiting to see the gown, btw...)q

Lucky Charm Crafts by Lynn Barwald March 25, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

Well, PERSONALLY, I'm really glad you didn't get anything when you went hunting!!! BUT, that sure is a cute self portrait!!! Happy Tuesday! Lynn B

Lori McDonald March 25, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

You know Jamie - we need to get Big Dave and Hubby together - that would keep me from having to climb so many trees!!! Bahahaha

Sara - not a redhead persay - we have been out in the sun quite a bit and my hair is bleaching out some!!!

I have one gown - still looking for the other one! Will show them soon!!! How is the baby?? and Jon??

Lynn - I know you are glad!! Bahahaha.... but I am still looking for that turkey!!!

Thanks for all your comments guys!!!

Lori

Blog Widget by LinkWithin