Welcome to

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Don't be a Hater!!!!

So I am begging and pleading.... please, please, please, please my dear friends, family, and loyal blog readers... Don't hate me!!!!

I know I have been extremely terrible about blogging the last few days... but I promise in the next few days or so I will make it up to you!!! (But it probably will not be tomorrow!!! Or maybe it will.... hmmmmm.....)


If you have been reading my blog you will know my house got major flooded a few weeks ago and I am STILL dealing with the aftermath....

The restoration company was here yesterday - and they scrapped the ceiling in the dinning room, the living room, and the kitchen. After they scrapped all the popcorn junk off - they had to seal the water damaged area and then they had to re-spray the ceilings.... well when they went to pull the plastic off the walls - off came the paint!!!

Sooooooo - today they had to repaint all the walls in the dinning room, the living room and the kitchen!!!

Now the good thing about this is I have freshly painted walls!!! Wooo hoooo!!! And I had actually been talking about painting an accent wall in my living room for some time now - since the restoration company had to paint anyway - I was like - hey will you paint one wall a different color - they were like sure!!!

For those of you who know me - you know it took me over four weeks and 28 paint chips to decided what color to paint my scrapbooking room - today I had 20 min to decided!!!

YIKES!!!!!! So the decision has been made - and tomorrow they come back to paint that wall, clean the carpets, replace the ceiling fan and some insulation in the attic and they SHOULD have been done.... but no!

Due to an accident by one of their workers - they now have to replace one of my kitchen counter tops!!!! I tell you - if it isn't one thing is is another.....

So having said ALL OF THAT..... I have been helping here at the job site... and that is why I have been so late on my blogging!!

I hope you will forgive me.... and I will leave you with a photo of what the "accent wall" looked like before the new color - and hopefully tomorrow I will have an updated photo of the new and improved focal point!!!!


Anyone want to take a guess at what color I picked out???

Until next time!

Cya~
Lori

8 comments:

mrnmrshammond August 9, 2007 at 8:41 PM  

a redish color :) Just guessing.

Heather Huggins August 9, 2007 at 9:04 PM  

I pick dark red?? Wow your house is CLEAN... My scraproom looks like that. I spend all my time in there.

Heather :)

Lori McDonald August 9, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

HA!! My house is normally clean (kind of easy when it is just you!!) - but I had taken everything out of the living room but the huge funiture so they could scrap the ceilings!!!

Hate to say it - but buzz - neither of you are right!! LOL

Hmmmm..... until tomorrow!!
Lori

Heather Huggins August 10, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

Ok how about a brownish orange like a tuscan color...???

Heather :)

Anonymous,  August 10, 2007 at 10:04 AM  

ok, taking a guess... did you pick peach?

Chris Durnan August 10, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

My guess would be brown or pink or blue.... hmmm... pink... think the hubby would like pink!!

hugs
chris

mrnmrshammond August 10, 2007 at 11:25 AM  

Soooo.... Maybe Yellow/ a gold color?!?!

I look forward to seeing the pictures of it!

Lori McDonald August 10, 2007 at 11:41 AM  

Well you do know that MY favorite color is PINK!!!!

But that would be a negative.....

They are in there painting as I am typing.....

YEEKSSS!!!! I am doubting myself already!!!

Lori

Blog Widget by LinkWithin